Thursday, May 5, 2011

Senior Project

For my senior project, I had chosen anime painted in watercolor. Why did I choose to use watercolor? I chosen to paint in watercolor because it was different, and it was something that made me wan't to learn more about it. Why did I decide to use anime? Because I wanted to paint something I usually don't see somebody paint, most of the paintings I have seen are abstract, or real life looking.

Preparing for it wasn't that hard to do, I just had to get my self into a habbit into doing the same things, like making up my own characters (always do) and sketch them out before I put it on watercolor paper and choosing the size of the paper I wan't to use, choosing the colors I wan't to use on that character, using special tape that is ment to be used to hold down watercolor paper, wet down the tape and paper and wait for the next day, and start painting.

At the end it turned out great, for something I have never done before and keep practicing on using watercolor, and asking for advice on what I am missing, I can acually see the progress I went through. The title I have chosen for my project was Practice Makes Perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment